Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Moran´s I value

  • Roger Bivand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
      On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Monica wrote:

      > I would like to calculate the significance level of each Moran ´s I value in
      > a correlogram.
      > The Gs+ program only calculate the global significance of the correlogram
      > but not of each class in the correlogram. There is a package software
      > called "R" that calculate it but operate only in Mac system.
      > So, I would like to know if there is any software (in windows system) that
      > calculate it.

      One possible solution is to use R (cran.r-project.org) - the "other" R,
      and its contributed package spdep. There is additional learning overhead
      involved, and at present the sp.correlogram() function for Moran's I just
      reports the values of the estimated statistics for each lag, but can be
      easily changed to plot +/- 1 or 2 * sqrt(var(I)). Going from there to
      "significance" would depend on adjusting the p-values because multiple
      tests are being made on the same (overlapping) data. If you would describe
      your research problem a little more, I can see whether the functionality
      you need can be added to the function.

      Roger

      --
      Roger Bivand