AI-GEOSTATS: kriging with a variable mean

  • aaaaaa bbbbbbbb
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2003
      Dear all,

      can someone help me with a a copule of related questions?
      A possible approach to incorporate secondary data for estimation is to fit a
      "traditional" statistical model using the variable of interest as the
      dependent one, to estimate the trend, and to add to it interpolatated
      residuals.

      1)
      Is this what Kriging with a variable mean is in GSLIB ?

      if this is the case, does it mean that the variogram to be supplied to
      kriging and simulation programs is that of the residuals?

      2)
      Would it be sensible to adopt the approach described above using simulation
      (rather than kriging)of residuals? My concern is that one might risk to come
      up with realisations in which some locations have negative (and in my case
      non sensical) estimates of the variable in question (i.e. how would one deal
      with this)?

      thanks very much for your help

      Frank

      http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger