AI-GEOSTATS: Moran´s I value

  • monfrodo@mixmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
      Hello,

      I would like to calculate the significance level of each Moran �s I value in
      a correlogram.
      The Gs+ program only calculate the global significance of the correlogram
      but not of each class in the correlogram. There is a package software
      called "R" that calculate it but operate only in Mac system.
      So, I would like to know if there is any software (in windows system) that
      calculate it.

      Thanks for your time

      Best wishes

      Monica

      -----
      Tu cuenta de correo gratuita Mixmail con Antivirus y Antispam http://mixmail.ya.com
      Ya.com ADSL Home 24h, M�dem + Alta + 1 mes Gratis http://acceso.ya.com/adslhome24h/

    • Roger Bivand
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
        On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Monica wrote:

        > I would like to calculate the significance level of each Moran ´s I value in
        > a correlogram.
        > The Gs+ program only calculate the global significance of the correlogram
        > but not of each class in the correlogram. There is a package software
        > called "R" that calculate it but operate only in Mac system.
        > So, I would like to know if there is any software (in windows system) that
        > calculate it.

        One possible solution is to use R (cran.r-project.org) - the "other" R,
        and its contributed package spdep. There is additional learning overhead
        involved, and at present the sp.correlogram() function for Moran's I just
        reports the values of the estimated statistics for each lag, but can be
        easily changed to plot +/- 1 or 2 * sqrt(var(I)). Going from there to
        "significance" would depend on adjusting the p-values because multiple
        tests are being made on the same (overlapping) data. If you would describe
        your research problem a little more, I can see whether the functionality
        you need can be added to the function.

        Roger

        --
        Roger Bivand