Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Variogram range physical meaning !

  • Adrian Martinez Vargas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2003
      the meaning of these is the continuity of the "reflactanse" or colour value
      measured in each pixel, it seem to be low continuity, the size of the range
      is proportional to the spatial continuity. More useful than it can be the
      use that you can do to dose variograms. it is possible to filter the image
      friging the drift or use the image as drift or secondary variable for
      estimate the spatial behevieur of correlate variable (type of soil for
      example o rate of clay or iron in clay and iron ratio obtained with Land Sat
      Images, in these case the primary variables should be clay, iron and soil
      type in field). Some simulations techniques can be used to.

      King Regards

      Adrian Martinez Vargas

      Departamento de Geología

      ISMM, Las Coloradas, s/n