AI-GEOSTATS: about GeoAs PC programme

  • Ulas OZER
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2003
      Dear ai-geoastats members;
      I have been studying with Geostatistics (GS) approximate for one year. Now I am passing a learning process. Therefore I have a lot of questions about GS. They could come too easy to you but according to me sometimes they might be too complicated. So I have dicided to get help from members of goestats mailling list.
      At the moment; My basic problem is about GeoAS PC programme that I try to use while computing soil variables in my thesis. Under the Kriging option, there are 2 toggle fields sequence "Grid Parameters" are used to specify the variables to use as the origin of the grid, Size of the the grid cells and The number of cells in the X and Y directions along with "Search Parameters" are used to provide a means of controlling the neighborhood search used during kriging. I can not determine which values I must enter corresponding to Origin, Spacing, Number, Major Radius, Minor Radius, Distance Type and Empty Sectors parameters respectively. Also Major and Minor Ranges under the Variables/Models menu.
      Could you express me How to determine the following options sequence to specify the grid parameters and search parameters along with Major and Minor Ranges to be used for kriging and ta initiate the kriging process?Already now,Thank's for all your helps. Ulas OZER