RE: AI-GEOSTATS: RE: AI-Geostat - Area Estimation

  • Ruben Roa
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2003
      >Thanks, Ruben
      >
      >I don't know of any software applying the transitive method specifically.
      But this is not too surprising: as I said, its use is restricted to
      volume/surface error estimation and this can generally be handled through
      rough approximations using simple geometric figures (Parallelepipeds and
      >rectangles..)
      >
      >Regards
      >
      >Daniel

      Hi Daniel: My client insists on including the error variance of area
      estimation in the estimation of the total. I believe this variance should
      be small but other people are ignoring it or using ad-hoc methods, and the
      client is aware of this. I know of one software with the transitive method
      capable of estimating the error variance of area estimation: EVA2 by
      Petigas and Lafont. This software is used by people doing assessment of
      fish biomass total. I wanted to know of applications (papers) and software
      with the transitive method for area/volume estimation by the
      eartch-sciences and mining people.
      Cheers,
      Ruben Roa
      http://webmail.udec.cl