AI-GEOSTATS: Spatial analysis magnetic susceptibility data

  • Martin Roseveare
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2003
      I'm interested in different approaches to the estimation of significance
      (based on amplitude) of regions in planar magnetic susceptibility data.

      To summarise, the data set would consist of a modelled planar distribution
      of susceptibility across a landscape, within which various anomalous highs
      and lows could be considered relevant or significant. While one approach
      would be to analyse the anomaly strength in terms of simple non-spatial
      statistics, I am wondering what approaches could be used that would use the
      spatial behaviour of the model also.

      I'd be grateful for any thoughts and will summarise the responses back to
      the list.

      Many thanks,

      Martin Roseveare

      ______________________________________

      ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.
      Reconnaissance & Geophysics for Archaeology

      Telephone: +44 (0) 7050 369789
      E-mail: mail@...
      Website: http://www.archaeophysica.co.uk

      This e-mail is intended only for the addressee
      named above and may contain confidential or
      privileged information. If you receive this e-mail
      by mistake please advise the sender and destroy
      it without further disclosure of its content.

      Unless otherwise stated no opinions expressed in
      this e-mail should be regarded as representative of
      any policy of ArchaeoPhysica Ltd.