AI-GEOSTATS: log normal kriging and back transformation

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2003
      Hello again,

      I was wondering how I could minimize the bias introduced by the
      back transformation after a log normal kriging interpolation (I need to
      sum all estimated concentration values over an investigated area).

      I'm not sure if I should

      - use point kriging and work at the highest possible resolution (hightest is
      of course relative, it will be defined by computational criteria)

      or

      - use block kriging?

      Thanks for any help,

      Gregoire

      PS: other suggestions are welcome of course