Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Variogram for Indicator Kriging(IK) and Sequential Indicator Simulation.(SIS)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2003
      Hi Adrian,

      In particular for categorical variables, it is very
      unlikely that the different indicator variables will
      have the same variogram. So my advise is to use
      different indicator semivariograms and not try to
      save little time with a poorly representative variography.

      Regards,

      Pierre Goovaerts

      Dr. Pierre Goovaerts
      President of PGeostat, LLC
      Chief Scientist with Biomedware Inc.
      710 Ridgemont Lane
      Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48103-1535, U.S.A.

      E-mail: goovaert@...
      Phone: (734) 668-9900
      Fax: (734) 668-7788

      On Sat, 10 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Adrian Martínez Vargas wrote:

      > Variogram for Indicator Kriging(IK) and Sequential Indicator Simulation.(SIS)
      >
      > Few software use only one variogram for IK and SIS, then rescale the variogram with proportion. (example ISATIS)
      >
      > I want to estimate and simulate a categorical variable (Lithology) with tree categories, then I have assigned 1, 2, 3 in order of increasing proportion. How to make a common variogram?
      >
      > Alternatively I have use OK whit binary variables one by one using separate indicator variogram, but for SIS I need the above mentioned variogram. Is legal to use the tree litho-code for make these variogram?
      > Some one recommend other method for these case? (the bodies don't fallow regular shape, I have discarded Boolean-Shape algorithms for simulations)

    • Adrian Martínez Vargas