AI-GEOSTATS: Normal scores variograms - back transformation

  • Joe Geo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2003
      Dear ai-geostats

      I have question regarding normal scores variograms

      By converting my data to normal scores using GSLIB - NSCORES I can get quite
      nice variograms for interpretation.

      However, how can I transform the interpreted models (nugget range sill)
      back so I can use them to krige the unstransformed data ?

      Thanks in adavance

      Joe

      Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
      http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp

      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2003
        Hi Joe,

        To be consistent, the kriging with normal score semivariogram
        must be performed on the normal score data, and it is the
        normal score kriged estimates that need to be back transformed.
        See the paper: Saito, H. and P. Goovaerts. 2000.
        Geostatistical interpolation of positively skewed and censored data
        in a dioxin contaminated site.
        Environmental Science & Technology, vol.34, No.19: 4228-4235,
        which can be downloaded from my webpage, for more details.

        Regards,

        Pierre Goovaerts

        Dr. Pierre Goovaerts
        President of PGeostat, LLC