998Re: AI-GEOSTATS: kriging estimates in S+
- May 8, 2003Vanessa
I have no experience with S+ but I would guess it is
because the semi-variogram (or covariance) is using
the value of the nugget effect at zero distance.
This will tell the kriging system not to honour the
You can test this by adding a short range spherical
component in instead of the nugget effect. If the
results change, this is the reason.
--- vanessa stelzenmüller <vstelzenmueller@...>
wrote: > Dear list members,
> I have a question concerning the kriging results
> derived from "kige" of the spatial modul for S+.
> The values for the variable of interest estimated
> Ordinary Kriging and Universal Kriging at the
> locations differ from the one observed!
> Does anyone has a suggestion why?
> Best wishes
> Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de
> Logos und Klingeltöne fürs Handy bei
For a better Internet experience
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>