9AI-GEOSTATS: Free Geostatistical Seminar
- Dec 1, 2000For those of you who happen to live in the Denver, Colorado area, I will be
giving a half-day seminar on geostatistical applications at the former Rocky
Flats nuclear weapons plant in Golden, Colorado. It will be conducted at
the Visitor's Center starting at 8:00AM MST and is sponsored by the U.S.
Department of Energy (USDOE) and Kaiser Hill.
The seminar will cover Data Quality Objectives (DQOs) for the Industrial
Area, as well as Geostatistical Error Management (GEM) techniques (GEM and
USDOE's Smart Sampling) which focus on kriging and simulation.
In addition, a number of "hands-on" sampling exercises using physical models
of contaminant distributions will be performed by attendees to demonstrate
how sample support influences DQOs, geostatistics, and error management
rates for decision making.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hope to see you
there. Apologies to those outside the Denver area.
Washington Group International
10822 W. Toller Drive
Littleton, CO 80127
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org