877AI-GEOSTATS: Observations with a known standard deviation

  • Soeren Nymand Lophaven
    Jan 30, 2003
      Dear list

      I am currently working with spatial interpolation of geophysical
      data. Each observation is associated with an individual and known standard
      deviation. How should this infomation be incorporated if I want to use
      ordinary kriging for interpolation ?? My idea was the following:

      When finding the vector of weights (w) by solving the system of linear
      equations A*w=b, I would exchange the zeros in the diagonal of the
      A-matrix with the individual observation variances. Does this sound
      reasonable ??

      Best regards / Venlig hilsen

      Søren Lophaven
      Master of Science in Engineering | Ph.D. student
      Informatics and Mathematical Modelling | Building 321, Room 011
      Technical University of Denmark | 2800 kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
      E-mail: snl@... | http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~snl
      Telephone: +45 45253419 |