810Re: AI-GEOSTATS: re CLT and mixtures

  • Digby Millikan
    Dec 30, 2002
      Brian,

      I am not familiar with the derivation of kriging equations, but of note
      I know the lognormal population does not follow the central limit
      theorem, and it is necessary to transform lognormal populations to normal
      populations before kriging using lognormal kriging. I know the same also
      applies to mixed populations and that mixed populations must be transformed
      to normal populations using hermite polynomials with disjunctive kriging,
      maybe this is for the same reason.

      Best wishes for the New Year everyone.

      Regards Digby Millikan.
      Geolite Mining Systems