802Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Akaike's information criterion (AIC)
- Dec 18, 2002
>suspect Ruben would note that, under a normal assumption, OLS and MLcoincide.
True, though i'd say that OLS is a particular case of MLE iff the process
being modelled is additive and the additive stochastic component is normal.
>also, I suspect that Ruben's comments also apply to REMLcomponents. brian
>results--altho in that case you may need to restrict inference to random
There are so many acronyms that i got lost with REML. Is it Random Effects
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>