802Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Akaike's information criterion (AIC)

  • Ruben Roa
    Dec 18, 2002
      >suspect Ruben would note that, under a normal assumption, OLS and ML

      True, though i'd say that OLS is a particular case of MLE iff the process
      being modelled is additive and the additive stochastic component is normal.

      >also, I suspect that Ruben's comments also apply to REML
      >results--altho in that case you may need to restrict inference to random
      components. brian

      There are so many acronyms that i got lost with REML. Is it Random Effects