676AI-GEOSTATS: Ordinary Kriging question

  • R. Jeffrey Davis
    Aug 6, 2002
      Friends of AI-GEOSTATS

      I had a simple question regarding ordinary kriging. When dealing
      with clustered data (either 2D or 3D) with various interpolation
      techniques, is there an issue at all with redundant data? I've
      never heard of this term before. Furthermore, with respect to
      kriging, does this interpolation scheme handle clustered data any
      differently than say any other type of interpolation (splines,
      inverse distance weighted, natural neighbors)?

      Thanks

      Jeff Davis
      jeff@...