608AI-GEOSTATS: Variogram-parameter covariance matrix
- Apr 30, 2002Dear list members:
Do you expect that the uncertainty related to estimating variogram
parameters have a strong effect on spatial prediction via ordinary
kriging? It is my impression that usually the analist disregard this
source of variance and proceeds as if these parameters from the
variogram were known. This might be justified since normally the sample
size (pairs of observations) is quite high when fitting the variogram
via weighted least squares, for instance. Any opinion on this and/or
references would be much welcome.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org