605AI-GEOSTATS: Risk Assessment with Gaussian Simulation?

    Apr 29, 2002
      My tuppence worth.

      The major advantages of simulation as a risk
      assessment tool lie in the cases where you are trying
      to derive some conclusion from the data rather than
      just look at the values themselves.

      For example, see Bill and my papers at Battelle
      Conference 1987 or the paper at the Geostat Avignon in
      1988. There are oters. All of these are available in
      Word format for download at my page
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark/resume/Publications.html

      We were trying to derive the travel path of a particle
      given the pressure of fluid in an aquifer. Not a
      linear transform by anyone's standards.

      Isobel Clark

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com