595Re: AI-GEOSTATS: hole effect

    Apr 24, 2002
      > Omnidirectional variogram shows a dip toward the end
      > of lags. As far as I know this is hole effect.
      > Would you tell me how to tackle with it?
      Ercan

      What is your maximum 'lag' compared to the size of
      your study area? If the maximum lag is more than
      one-half (some people say one-quarter) of the maximum
      distance in your area, you will be getting the common
      artifact caused by diminishing numbers of pairs.

      If it is a real cycle, it may be of such a large
      extent that it is irrelevant to your analysis.

      Isobel
      http://uk.geocities.com/drisobelclark

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com