456Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Kriging with External Drift
- Dec 7, 2001Hi,
a little off the original topic, but one question that puzzles me is the
computation of the semivariogramm for Kriging with external drift.
If I understand correctly, a relation of type
m*(x) = a1(x) + a2(x)*s(x)
is assumed between the mean of the primary variable at location x
(drift) and secondary variable (s). Now, the a's are dependent on the
location and are not computed explicitly. But in the kriging system the
residual covarince is needed. To compute the residuals, I would need to
calculate the equation explicitly, right?
How do I compute the residual semivariogramm when I don't know the
residuals? Or have I misunderstood something in the concept of external
RWTH Aachen, Angewandte Geophysik
52056 Aachen, Germany
(+49) (-0) 241 8094835
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>