456Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Kriging with External Drift

  • Andreas Hartmann
    Dec 7, 2001
      Hi,

      a little off the original topic, but one question that puzzles me is the
      computation of the semivariogramm for Kriging with external drift.

      If I understand correctly, a relation of type
      m*(x) = a1(x) + a2(x)*s(x)
      is assumed between the mean of the primary variable at location x
      (drift) and secondary variable (s). Now, the a's are dependent on the
      location and are not computed explicitly. But in the kriging system the
      residual covarince is needed. To compute the residuals, I would need to
      calculate the equation explicitly, right?

      How do I compute the residual semivariogramm when I don't know the
      residuals? Or have I misunderstood something in the concept of external
      drift?

      Best regards
      Andreas

      --