437RE: AI-GEOSTATS: Declustering
- Nov 16, 2001Isobel wrote:
.....The semi-variogram and kriging techniques are not affected by
> In fact, one of the main reasons for inventing krigingI am slightly confused:
> was to make full use of every one of clustered and/or
> preferentially sited sampling.
... if sampling is clustered preferentially in e.g. higher values
areas, would this not bias the semi-variogram for the first few lags?...at
least if, as it can happen, the variance is related to the mean.
What about the effects of the possible over-estimation of the global
mean due to clustering?
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>