310AI-GEOSTATS: Spatial poisson regression software?

  • Ben Wheeler
    Jul 19, 2001
      Dear all,

      Please forgive the newbie style question...I've looked on the website
      at software listings and can't quite work out what I'm after.

      I'm running poisson regressions for a large number of small areas
      (several thousand contiguous polygons) - predicting counts of events
      with several predictor variables for each small area. I'd like to be
      able to adjust these models to account for spatial autocorrelation.
      Does anyone know of software (ideally free/cheap) that will do this in
      a reasonably straightforward way? Either stand-alone or as an add-on to
      Arc/info or arcview. I can also use Stata, SAS, SPSS etc.

      Any ideas much appreciated,

      Thanks a lot

      Cheers
      Ben