2471Re: [ai-geostats] software for 3D visualization

  • seba
    Mar 13, 2006
      There is, also vis5d that from what I have seen it could works.
      Then also in grass gis software there is something for 3D visualization.
      In general I have seen that most software for 3D visualization work fine
      for continuos attributes while for discrete one you
      have to play a little with color scale to get the correct visualization.
      You can also think to write a small code that convert your geostatistical
      output in an autocad script....for example that draw every cell as
      a solid box with the color related to your categories......in this way you
      will have all the nice (but expensive) functions of autocad.

      S. Trevisani

      At 02.26 13/03/2006, M. Nur Heriawan wrote:
      >Hello everybody,
      >
      >I have 3D categorical output data in X, Y, and Z
      >resulted from interpolation. I need a program or
      >software for visualizing those data in 3D block model.
      >I have used PIXELPLT (from GSLIB) to make any slices
      >in XY, XZ, and YZ directions, but it could not be used
      >for 3D block visualization.
      >
      >So, could anybody suggest me which free or comercial
      >program (or software) I should use in this purpose?
      >
      >Thanks for your helps.
      >

      >Best regards,
      >
      >Nur Heriawan
      >
      >* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in
      >the body (plain text format) of an email message to sympa@...
      >
      >Signoff ai-geostats
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic