      From: Pierre Goovaerts [mailto:Goovaerts@...]
      Sent: donderdag 5 januari 2006 0:20
      To: Adrián Martínez Vargas; Behrang Kushavand; ai-geostats@...
      Subject: RE: [ai-geostats] Traditional OCK or Standardize OCK?

      The main difference between SOCK and TOCK is that, in the standardized
      form, only one unbiasedness constraint is imposed, i.e. the sum of all
      primary and secondary data weights is one, while in the traditional
      version a separate constraint is applied for each variable, i.e.
      sum of primary data weights is one and the sum of secondary data
      weights is zero for each secondary variable. The traditional
      constraints lead to larger and more frequent negative weights
      for the secondary variables. The difference between SOCK and
      TOCK estimates is expected to increase as differences between
      the variance of primary and secondary variables increases.
      The different types of cokriging are described and compared in the
      following paper:
      Goovaerts, P. 1998. Ordinary cokriging revisited.
      Mathematical Geology, 30(1): 21-42.

      Pierre Goovaerts
      Chief Scientist at BioMedware
      516 North State Street
      Ann Arbor, MI 48104
      Voice: (734) 913-1098 (ext. 8)
      From: "Behrang Kushavand" <Kushavand@...>
      To: <ai-geostats@...>
      Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:55:01 +0330

      > Dear All,
      > Is it true that estimation variance of standardize Ordinary Co-Kriging
      > (SOCK) is always equal or smaller than Traditional Ordinary Co-Kriging
      > (TOCK)?
      > What is the advantage of TOCK to SOCK (I think it is about negative
      > weights) and are there any criteria to choice TOCK or SOCK?
      > Thanks
      > Behrang

      Participe en el V Congreso Internacional de Educación Superior
      "Universidad 2006". La Habana, Cuba, del 13 al 17 de Febrero del 2006
      Instituto Superior Minero Metalúrgico de Moa
      Dr. Antonio Núñez Jiménez
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic