2207[ai-geostats] error knowledge

  • Gali
    Sep 17, 2005
      Dear list members,

      Question: At each observation point we do know an
      error of measurement. How can we incorporate this
      knowledge when krigging sparce observation values?

      The specific example: You create depth markers by
      puting mark over the zone of transition between
      different lithologies on the lithology log. You can be
      wrong as much as the thickness of transition zone, so
      you can calculate your observation error quite
      precisely. As you can understand, those errors are not
      spatially correlated, neither they are correlated with
      marker value.

      Many thanks in advance,

      Gali Sirkis.

      http://mail.yahoo.com