2173Re: [ai-geostats] Why degree of freedom is n-1

  • Reza Nazarian
    Aug 29, 2005
      Dear Madam/Sir
      I have to thank all of you for so great answers to my question on degree of freedom. I have gone through all of them. Also I have found an excellent explanation/solution or proof for that in Practical Geostatistics 2000 written by Dr. Isoble Clark and ... .(congratulations). I couldn't find it anywhere else with so deep in teaching the concepts. Again I have to thank you each and everybody.
      Very Best Regards
      Reza

      At 08:22 PM 8/25/2005, you wrote:
      Dear Experts
      Sorry may be the question is so basic .After searching my statistics books to find an answer with no great success, could you please explain me why we consider degree of freedom as n-1 in calculating variance. Thanks for your kind advises.

      Very Best Regards
      Reza Nazarian
      Schlumberger Information Solutions
      SONILS Oil Services Centre, Porto de Luanda, Angola

      (Via UK: +44 (0)207 576 6306
      * rnazarian@...
      http://www.sis.slb.com

      Signoff ai-geostats

      Very Best Regards

      Reza Nazarian
      Schlumberger Information Solutions
      SONILS Oil Services Centre, Porto de Luanda, Angola

      (Via UK: +44 (0)207 576 6306
      * rnazarian@...
      http://www.sis.slb.com

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic