      From: Els Verfaillie [mailto:els.verfaillie@...]
      Sent: Wed 3/23/2005 5:08 AM
      To: ai-geostats@...
      Subject: [ai-geostats] practical range vs range

      Hi list,

      I want to do ordinary kriging with an anisotropic variogram with GSLIB. My
      variogram is an exponential model with a practical range of 1800 m in
      direction 50 and 880 m in direction 320. I'm not sure whether I have to use
      the practical range (which is 3a) or the value a, which is respectively 733
      m and 293 m. Furthermore I wonder which maximum search radius I have to
      choose: the 3a or the a value?

      Any suggestions?

      Cheers,
      Els

      Els Verfaillie, PhD student
      Renard Centre of Marine Geology - Ghent University
      Krijgslaan 281-S8
      B-9000 Gent - Belgium
      tel: +32-9-2644573 fax: +32-9-2644967
      e-mail: Els.Verfaillie@...