1768[ai-geostats] How can I assign weights based on measurement errors?

  • Wolfram Ruehaak
    Nov 29, 2004
      Dear all,

      I have difficulties to find information's about the following problem.

      I have a lot of spatially scattered measurements. These measurements
      have - resulting from different measurement methods - different
      measurement errors, which are known.

      For example some have an total error of 5%, some of 10% and a third
      group of 20%.

      I want to give these values a quality-weight in the range from 0.0 to
      1.0. (In this case three different weights.)

      How can I do this?

      Simple is a weight = 0 which is a value so bad I don't want to use it,
      and a weight = 1 which could be the value for the group with the best
      measurements (in this case error = 5%).

      Is there a statistically firmed way to quantify the weights.

      Any suggestions will be very welcome.
      Is there any literature that discusses this matter?

      Thanks in advance.

      Wolfram Ruehaak
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic