1543Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Automated Variogram modelling

  • sanguinetti.henri
    Apr 6, 2004
      Pierre and Isobel comments are very interesting.
      In the particular cases of mining companies, they are even more relevant.
      Effectively we get many data in mining, but we have to remember that the
      experimental variograms are dependant of the sampling pattern, ie drilling
      grid, drilling orientation, sampling along drill hole ..etc..
      Consequently each direction of calculation should be "weighed" carefully and
      using what is known about the geology.
      Of course it's long and cumbersome. But if you hate cooking bread you should
      not be a baker.
      "the proof in the pudding"..yes, be careful that the mining companies are
      not as well.

      Henri