1543Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Automated Variogram modelling
- Apr 6, 2004Pierre and Isobel comments are very interesting.
In the particular cases of mining companies, they are even more relevant.
Effectively we get many data in mining, but we have to remember that the
experimental variograms are dependant of the sampling pattern, ie drilling
grid, drilling orientation, sampling along drill hole ..etc..
Consequently each direction of calculation should be "weighed" carefully and
using what is known about the geology.
Of course it's long and cumbersome. But if you hate cooking bread you should
not be a baker.
"the proof in the pudding"..yes, be careful that the mining companies are
not as well.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic