1517Re: AI-GEOSTATS: I'm new
- Mar 31, 2004
> 3) Software. All software for geostatistics have a similar architecture.I never used variowin but it seems quite nice, and more important free!
> Try Geoeas & Variowin (free) until you become confident with words like
> semivariogram, covariance, kriging, block kriging. There if
> unfortunately no manual for Variowin. I will ask Yvan Pannatier (the
> author of Variowin) if there is any way to get an electronic copy of his
> book (out of print since a few years) or of the help file that I can put
> on the ai-geostats web site. There is nothing else available now and it
> is much needed. I think this is the best way to have an idea on what the
> whole is about. The software mentioned above can be downloaded for free
> and there are plenty of other tools for more advanced geostatistics.
Here is a introduction to variowin:
There should be more on the net if you look for it, I think...
If you need automatisation of certain procedures look into R and the
-gstat (can also be used as stand alone program)
All this software is open sourced and freely available!
It made my repetitive work very easy.
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>