1514RE: AI-GEOSTATS: I'm new

  • Gregoire Dubois
    Mar 30, 2004
      Hi Guido,

      As Pierre wrote, I have put some material on the web site of
      AI-GEOSTATS:

      1) Frequently Asked Questions (See FAQs)

      2) Links to papers published online (mainly conference proceedings but I
      linked only those I found of a good quality). You could also check
      www.scirus.com : you will get for free hundreds of recent peer reviewed
      paper for free in a pdf format.

      3) Software. All software for geostatistics have a similar architecture.
      Try Geoeas & Variowin (free) until you become confident with words like
      semivariogram, covariance, kriging, block kriging. There if
      unfortunately no manual for Variowin. I will ask Yvan Pannatier (the
      author of Variowin) if there is any way to get an electronic copy of his
      book (out of print since a few years) or of the help file that I can put
      on the ai-geostats web site. There is nothing else available now and it
      is much needed. I think this is the best way to have an idea on what the
      whole is about. The software mentioned above can be downloaded for free
      and there are plenty of other tools for more advanced geostatistics.

      4) Last but not least, the archives of ai-geostats (see web site for
      links) are a goldmine thanks to the kings and queens of geostatistics
      who constantly gave all these years the best support one would dream
      about.

      Welcome to ai-geostats and good luck !

      Gregoire