145Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Conditional simulation

  • Syed Abdul Rahman Shibli
    Mar 21, 2001
      Almuth Wameling wrote:

      > conditional to the observed sample. This conditional process is not
      > stationary and its covariance structure is not the structure of the
      > unconditional process any more (cf. Cressie, 1991). However, in
      > many papers and books the quality of simulations is judged
      > according to how good they reproduce the covariance structure of
      > the unconditional process. My questions are

      Perhaps I am misinterpreting your question but in SGS previously
      simulated values are treated as "hard" data; this preserves the correlation
      structure of the map. Kriging will, however, result in spatial models
      that are different from the ones you use for the prediction. The former strives
      for realism, the latter for some sort of "best linear unbiased estimate".

      Syed