145Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Conditional simulation
- Mar 21, 2001Almuth Wameling wrote:
>Perhaps I am misinterpreting your question but in SGS previously
> conditional to the observed sample. This conditional process is not
> stationary and its covariance structure is not the structure of the
> unconditional process any more (cf. Cressie, 1991). However, in
> many papers and books the quality of simulations is judged
> according to how good they reproduce the covariance structure of
> the unconditional process. My questions are
simulated values are treated as "hard" data; this preserves the correlation
structure of the map. Kriging will, however, result in spatial models
that are different from the ones you use for the prediction. The former strives
for realism, the latter for some sort of "best linear unbiased estimate".
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic