1358Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Hypothesis Testing in a Spatial Framework

    Dec 20, 2003

      We have had some success with a sort of hypothesis
      test in this regard. I had a task some years back to
      prove that the first area mined in a deposit was not
      significantly lower than could be expected by chance

      We used a combination between 'between block variance'
      and a sort of cutoff analysis. It helps if your
      samples have a simple distribution like Normal or
      lognormal. Basically, you work out the probability
      that a block of a certain size would have a value that
      low (in our case). It is, effectively, a simple
      application of volume/variance. Chapter 3 in my 'old'
      book which can be read (or downloaded) at