1358Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Hypothesis Testing in a Spatial Framework
- Dec 20, 2003Warren
We have had some success with a sort of hypothesis
test in this regard. I had a task some years back to
prove that the first area mined in a deposit was not
significantly lower than could be expected by chance
We used a combination between 'between block variance'
and a sort of cutoff analysis. It helps if your
samples have a simple distribution like Normal or
lognormal. Basically, you work out the probability
that a block of a certain size would have a value that
low (in our case). It is, effectively, a simple
application of volume/variance. Chapter 3 in my 'old'
book which can be read (or downloaded) at
Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping"
your friends today! Download Messenger Now
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic