1279AI-GEOSTATS: Interpolation of azimuth values

  • temiz
    Oct 30, 2003
      hello

      I have spatial point data comprising azimuth direction values
      (direction from north in clockwise direction).
      I want to interpolate these data. But there is a
      problem. Azimuth values are circular.
      For instance, Although 1 deg and 359 deg are nearly same direction,
      an interpolation procedure puts some data between 1 and 359.
      So I have very false results.
      What may be a good idea to interpolate in correct way ?

      regards

      Ahmet Temiz
      General Directory of Disaster Affairs
      Ankara TURKEY

      Inflex - installed on mailserver for domain @...
      Queries to: postmaster@...

      The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
      and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
      of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.

      Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
      B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.