1263AI-GEOSTATS: Kt estimation variance

  • sebastiano trevisani
    Oct 24, 2003
      Hello ai-geostats list-members

      Performing an universal kriging on chemical data (log transform of
      concentration), in some estimation points I obtained an estimation variance
      larger (in some case three times) than the sill of residual variogram. From
      what I know this is related to negative weights in the kriging matrix (as I
      can see looking at the debug file). Now I'm wondering how (if it is
      possible) I can use this estimation variance.
      Or better: in which way I can interpret this estimation variance?
      Thank you in advance for your help...

      Sebastiano Trevisani

      Ph. D. student --Geology Departement
      --Padova University --Italy