1155AI-GEOSTATS: LAI (leaf area index) fromNDVI
- Aug 12, 2003I'd like to know if the approach I used to derive LAI from NDVI is correct.
STEP 1: I've got 46 field point values of LAI (leaf area index, namely the
cover of plant leafs)
STEP 2: I derived the NDVI index from a multispectral image.
STEP 3: For every field plot I calculated the mean NDVI of 3x3 neighbour
STEP 4: I made a regression between mean_NDVI and LAI.
STEP 5: r^2 was low (0.34), r being 0.70, but t, measured as
r/sqr((1-r^2)/(n-2)) was over the minimum t 2.7, being my t 5.75
STEP 6: Since the correlation was highly significant p<0.01 I applied the
equation of the regression line y= 4.9053x + 0.2406 where y was LAI and x
was NDVI to the NDVI map, obtaining the LAI map
STEP 7: I made a control on the accuracy of the model by measuring the mbe
(mean bias error) calculated as the mean of single errors for every plot
(46 measures): mean of P-O
where P was the estimated LAI value and O the observed, by obtaining a mbe
1. Could I apply the equation as in step 6?
2. Could I control my model by using the same input observed values as in
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- Next post in topic >>