1090AI-GEOSTATS: Declustering

  • oliver.sonnentag@web.de
    Jul 5, 2003
      hello list,
      to get the global mean of my data set (484 observation wells) and
      as a prerequisite for Normal Score Transformation with GSLIB, i
      declustered my data with polygonal declustering. When
      standardizing the weights to 1, so that the weights sum up to the
      number of data, I receive some negative weights. this results in
      negative values for the observations (nitrate concentration). how do
      i have to interpret this ? does this require a special treatment? skip
      them? as I mentioned before, i want to normal score transform the
      data set prior to simple kriging.
      many many thanx for some help in advance.
      Regards,
      Oliver