1083RE: AI-GEOSTATS: analysis of bone surfaces

  • Reed Copsey
    Jun 24 2:09 PM
      Ann,

      Though our software was developed primarily for Earth Science applications,
      Arizona State University is using our EVS-PRO software to animate fetal
      mouse embryo development based on scanned photomicrographs of tissue
      structures. One (of many) challenge they face is finding reference points
      to tie spatial anchors as they evaluate different stages of development.
      This common frame of reference is important if you're trying to evaluate
      spatial variations between objects rather than spectral analysis of surface
      roughness (rugosity).

      In your case it would be helpful to know what measures of similarity you are
      seeking. Are you trying to get a single number (scalar) that represents
      similarity or disimilarity? OR, are you wanting to map surface deviations
      between best-fit comparisons between similar bones? OR something else?

      Reed D. Copsey, President
      C Tech Development Corporation
      16091 Santa Barbara Lane
      Huntington Beach, CA 92649 U.S.A.