1081AI-GEOSTATS: analysis of bone surfaces
- Jun 24, 2003Hello-
I am a graduate student studying the functional morphology of bones. Part of my thesis entails characterizing the shape of a relatively complex 3D bone surface. I am testing to see whether exercise affects the morphology of this surface, so am looking for a way to test for differences between shapes/specimens. I am especially interested in testing for differences in the rugosity (ie, "bumpiness") of the surfaces, but am interested in *any* method that would help me analyze these surfaces.
I have 3D grid data (x,y,z) that represents the surfaces (I am scanning the bones with a 3D laser scanner to obtain this data). Can any of you suggest methods to analyze this data that will allow me to differentiate surfaces that are morphologically dissimilar?
Center for Functional Anatomy & Evolution
Johns Hopkins University
* To post a message to the list, send it to ai-geostats@...
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to majordomo@... with no subject and "unsubscribe ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>