1003Reply: AI-GEOSTATS: kriging estimates in S+

  • Mary C. Christman
    May 9, 2003
      Hello Vanessa,

      I am guessing that the reason the ordinary krige (OK) and
      the universal krige (UK) give different results for the
      observed locations is due to the trend fit in the
      UK. The results you are getting from the UK are probably
      the predicted values from the trend fit. Does the
      predict.krige function provide the two components (trend
      versus kriged residual) separately or does it give only the
      combined predicted value?

      Mary Christman

      On Fri, 9 May 2003 11:40:32 +0200 (CEST)
      =?iso-8859-1?q?vanessa=20stelzenm=FCller?=
      <vstelzenmueller@...> wrote:

      > Edzer,
      >
      > I used "krige" under S+ SpatialStats with the
      > specified model (gaussian with nugget) to perform
      > ordinary and universal kriging for two dimensional
      > spatial data. Afterwards I used "predict" as well as
      > "predict.krige" to compute point kriging predictions
      > and standard errors at specified locations ( I defined
      > a grid). The data are sampled at a regular grid.
      > Finally I recognized that the predicted and observed
      > values for sampled locations are no identical.
      >
      > Best wishes
      > Vanessa
      >
      > =====
      > Vanessa Stelzenm�ller,PhD-Student
      > ICBM, Dep. Aquatic Ecology
      > C.v.O University of Oldenburg
      > P.O. Box 2503
      > 26111 Oldenburg
      > <�)))>< <�)))><
      > Tel:+49 441-798 3306, Fax:+49 441-798 3701

      > Logos und Klingelt�ne f�rs Handy bei http://sms.yahoo.de

      > ai-geostats@... * As a general service to the users,
      > please remember to post a summary of any useful responses
      > the list * Support to the list is provided at
      > http://www.ai-geostats.org

      Mary C. Christman
      Department of Animal and Avian Sciences
      University of Maryland