Mead making book

  • worm785
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014
      Can anyone point me in the direction of a good book on how to make mead from start to finish?  I have read homedistiller.org and some other websites, but would like some good hands on material to get into.
    • cj7stomper86
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014

        This book worked great for me. The Secret Art of Mead Making Revealed by Will Kalif.  Also www.stormthecastle.com Has a lot good info and recipes on it.  I made Dragons breath and it turned out great.

      • Alli Bugger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014
          I suggest The Compleat Meadmaker by Ken Schramm.  Available at Amazon.com.  The last printing was in 2003. I found it to be very informative with lots of history as well as recipes and other information.

          Can anyone point me in the direction of a good book on how to make mead from start to finish?  I have read homedistiller.org and some other websites, but would like some good hands on material to get into.

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20, 2014
            Wills stuff is good/helpful, but as mainly a mead person, IMHO if the OP wants a hard copy then Ken's book is excellent, though obviously biased toward the US market (supplies, ingredients,  etc), but for more general (and often more comprehensive) assistance,  then the main gotmead.com site and the most excellent "hive mind" of the gotmead forums would be better......