Yeast book

  • worm785
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013
      What, in your  opinion, is the most definitive/all-encompassing/all-inclusive book on yeast for distilling?
    • Rick Wrightson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013
        The Alcohol Texbook, 5th Editon edited by W.M. Ingledew is my suggestion. It is expensive but comprehensive and is given to attendees at the Ethanol Technology Institutes' Alcohol School.

        It has separate chapters on:
        Yeast biology, monitoring and identification
        Yeasts: Physiology, nutrition and ethanol production
        Yeast stress in the fermentation process
        Commercial yeast production for the fuel ethanol and distilled beverage industries
        Yeast propagation

        I'm sure that you can get used copies on Amazon or eBay for a fraction of the cost and I even seen digitized sections on the internet. A great resource for anyone wanting to dig deep. Just Google it.

        On Dec 1, 2013, at 1:00 PM, <worm785@...> <worm785@...> wrote:

        What, in your  opinion, is the most definitive/all-encompassing/all-inclusive book on yeast for distilling?

      • larryfitzpatrick2003
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013
          Thanks for the reference. There is a free PDF of the 4th Ed. widely available. E.g.,

        • bobcrowder2001
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2013
          • groblewis
            Message 5 of 5 , May 24 8:35 AM
              Link doesn't work for me. I just get "page not found"