45061RE: [new_distillers] Lowering the Proof

  • Tom Brohamer
    Apr 28, 2014

      Vodka is 80-100 Proof on average, so I’m missing your point on the proof of oaked vodka?

      From: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:new_distillers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of RLB
      Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 8:49 PM
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Lowering the Proof

      Vodka that sells for $235.00 a bottle is oaked, and you know what proof it has to be to be called Vodka.  If I remember correctly, it was stated that he should experiment since he had to ask.  I personally would never use chips, and I would dilute to 125 because I am a bourbon fan.  One thing that one will learn about distilling is the only rules are set by the government.  Like we are following any rules, regulations, or formulas to the letter!

      Robert