      From: Robert Hubble <zymurgybob@...>
      To: "Distillers@yahoogroups.com" <distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:47 PM
      Subject: RE: [Distillers] Re: lautering/false bottoms

      Morgan, I hear you, and thanks. I think what really happened is that we grew, both in numbers of members and in the amount of data we deal with, and the structure imposed on the list by Yahoo means that every idea about every concept by every forum member has to pass through the same tiny hole, and becomes hard to read and follow. I think that getting undifferentiated data in the quantity we do,  is in itself a kind of irritant, which makes us all a bit more touchy, and quicker to ire. The later, non-Yahoo forums are able to keep communications pretty well segregated into threads, so you can follow what you want, and not follow what doesn't interest you, but Yahoo's structure doesn't allow that. One job that we still do fairly well, I hope, is to catch distilling newcomers and get them started fairly well, although a lot of our old stalwarts are no longer here to help. I'll have to admit that I get much of my best information off some of the more modern forums. Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com From: morganfield1@... Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 21:26:26 +0000 Subject: [Distillers] Re: lautering/false bottoms
      What happened to this great forum? This was the place to find the best information about home distilling (and distilling in general) anywhere. Some of the people that posted here WERE EXPERTS! (Zy Bob is one of them, by the way, he's forgotten more about this hobby than most of you will ever know.) Now, members taking pot shots at one another. Entire threads of this! I guess I'm just an idealist! Tip one, Morgan And NOBODY posted anonymously. If you can't put your name on it, stuff it.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic