      When I say "cooking" I mean "mashing"

      Look up your mashing charts and determine the sweetness profile you want for your mash.

      Time and temperature. EVERY STEP.

      On Feb 13, 2013, at 12:28 AM, Henk Stuurman <hstuurman@...> wrote:

      If you use malted grains you never boil them. The malted grains got the enzymes to break down the strarches, Never boil them, only boil the unmalted grains.

      From: last2blast <last2blast@...>
      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:18 AM
      Subject: [new_distillers] Malting

      Just wondered if anyone has ever individually malted corn, barley, and rye for use in a wash?

      Do you still need to cook those grains if you malt them all?

      My thinking about malting grains in an attempt to try avoiding the cooking process. Once you malt them you crush them and grind some barley for the enzymes.

      Robert

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic