[STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed May 7 23:45:17 EDT 2003

  • Rodent of Unusual Size
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2003
      APACHE 2.1 STATUS: -*-text-*-
      Last modified at [$Date: 2003/03/07 20:24:07 $]

      Release [NOTE that only Alpha/Beta releases occur in 2.1 development]:

      2.1.0 : in development

      Please consult the following STATUS files for information
      on related projects:

      * srclib/apr/STATUS
      * srclib/apr-util/STATUS
      * docs/STATUS

      Contributors looking for a mission:

      * just do an egrep on "TODO" or "XXX" and see what's there

      CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:

      RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:

      CURRENT VOTES:

      * httpd-std.conf and friends

      a) httpd-std.conf should be tailored by install (from src or
      binbuild) even if user has existing httpd.conf
      +1: trawick, slive, gregames, ianh, Ken, wrowe, jwoolley, jim, nd
      wrowe - prefer httpd.default.conf to avoid ambiguity with cvs

      b) tailored httpd-std.conf should be copied by install to
      sysconfdir/examples
      -0: striker

      c) tailored httpd-std.conf should be installed to
      sysconfdir/examples or manualdir/exampleconf/
      +1: slive, trawick, Ken, nd (prefer the latter)

      d) Installing a set of default config files when upgrading a server
      doesn't make ANY sense at all.
      +1: ianh - medium/big sites don't use 'standard config' anyway, as it
      usually needs major customizations
      -1: Ken, wrowe, jwoolley, jim, nd
      wrowe - diff is wonderful when comparing old/new default configs,
      even for customized sites that ianh mentions
      jim - ... assuming that the default configs have been updated
      with the required inline docs to explain the
      changes

      * If the parent process dies, should the remaining child processes
      "gracefully" self-terminate. Or maybe we should make it a runtime
      option, or have a concept of 2 parent processes (one being a
      "hot spare").
      See: Message-ID: <3C58232C.FE91F19F@...>

      Self-destruct: Ken, Martin, Lars
      Not self-destruct: BrianP, Ian, Cliff, BillS
      Make it runtime configurable: Aaron, jim, Justin, wrowe, rederpj, nd

      /* The below was a concept on *how* to handle the problem */
      Have 2 parents: +1: jim
      -1: Justin, wrowe, rederpj, nd
      +0: Lars, Martin (while standing by, could it do
      something useful?)

      * Make the worker MPM the default MPM for threaded Unix boxes.
      +1: Justin, Ian, Cliff, BillS, striker, wrowe, nd
      +0: BrianP, Aaron (mutex contention is looking better with the
      latest code, let's continue tuning and testing), rederpj, jim
      -0: Lars

      RELEASE NON-SHOWSTOPPERS BUT WOULD BE REAL NICE TO WRAP THESE UP:

      * RFC 2616 violations.
      Closed PRs: 15857.
      Open PRs: 15852, 15859, 15861, 15864, 15865, 15866, 15868, 15869,
      15870, 16120, 16125, 16126, 16133, 16135, 16136, 16137,
      16138, 16139, 16140, 16142, 16518, 16520, 16521,
      jerenkrantz says: need to decide how many we need to backport and/or
      if these rise to showstopper status.

      * There is a bug in how we sort some hooks, at least the pre-config
      hook. The first time we call the hooks, they are in the correct
      order, but the second time, we don't sort them correctly. Currently,
      the modules/http/config.m4 file has been renamed to
      modules/http/config2.m4 to work around this problem, it should moved
      back when this is fixed.

      OtherBill offers that this is a SERIOUS problem. We do not sort
      correctly by the ordering arguments passed to the register hook
      functions. This was proven when I reordered the open_logs hook
      to attempt to open the error logs prior to the access logs. Possibly
      the entire sorting code needs to be refactored.

      * pipes deadlock on all platforms with limited pipe buffers (e.g. both
      Linux and Win32, as opposed to only Win32 on 1.3). The right solution
      is either GStein's proposal for a "CGI Brigade", or OtherBill's proposal
      for "Poll Buckets" for "Polling Filter Chains". Or maybe both :-)

      * All handlers should always send content down even if r->header_only
      is set. If not, it means that the HEAD requests don't generate the
      same headers as a GET which is wrong.

      * HP/UX 10.20: compile breakage in APR. Looks like it should be easy
      to fix, probably just some extraneous #include's that are fouling
      things up.
      PR: 9457
      Jeff: See my reply and patch in the PR (and previous commit to
      stop using "pipe" as a field name). If patch is committed, we
      should be okay. I'll wait to see if the user tests the patch.
      Update by Jeff 20020722: I got an account on HP 10.20. It looks
      like some of the APR thread detection is screwed up. If we find
      pthread.h but we can't compile the pthread test program we still
      think we can use threads. For that reason, the patch I posted
      to the PR won't work as-is since a failed compile of the test
      program means nothing.

      * exec cmd and suexec arg-passing enhancements
      (see the "proc.patch" and "suexec-shell.patch" links in this message)

      * The 2.0.36 worker MPM graceless shutdown changes work but are
      a bit clunky on some platforms; eg, on Linux, the loop to
      join each worker thread seems to hang, and the parent ends up
      killing off the child with SIGKILL. But at least it shuts down.

      * --enable-mods-shared="foo1 foo2" is busted on Darwin. Pier
      posted a patch (Message-ID: <B8DBBE8D.575A%pier@...>).

      * We do not properly substitute the prefix-variables in the configuration
      scripts or generated-configs. (i.e. if sysconfdir is etc,
      httpd-std.conf points to conf.)

      * If any request gets through ap_process_request_internal() and is
      scheduled to be served by the core handler, without a flag that this
      r->filename was tested by dir/file_walk, we need to 500 at the very
      end of the ap_process_request_internal() processing so sub_req-esters
      know this request cannot be run. This provides authors of older
      modules better compatibility, while still improving the security and
      robustness of 2.0.

      [Deleted comments regarding the ap_run_handler phase, as irrelevant
      as BillS points out that "common case will be caught in
      default_handler already (with the r->finfo.filetype == 0 check)"
      and the issue is detecting this -before- we try to run the req.]

      gregames says: can this happen somehow without a broken module
      being involved? If not, why waste cycles trying to defend against
      potential broken modules? It seems futile.
      wrowe counters: no, it shouldn't happen unless the module is broken.
      But the right answer is to fail the request up-front in dir/file
      walk if the path was entirely invalid; and we can't do that either
      UNTIL 2.1 or we break modules that haven't hooked map_to_storage.

      * With AP_MODE_EXHAUSTIVE in the core, it is finally clear to me
      how the Perchild MPM should be re-written. It hasn't worked
      correctly since filters were added because it wasn't possible to
      get the content that had already been written and the socket at
      the same time. This mode lets us do that, so the MPM can be
      fixed.

      * htpasswd blindly processes the file you give it, and does no
      sanity checking before totally corrupting whatever file it was
      you thought you had. It should check the input file and bail
      if it finds non-comment lines that do not contain exactly 1
      ':' character.

      * Can a static httpd be built reliably?

      * [Ken] Test suite failures:
      o worker is also failing some of the 'cgi' subtests
      (see <URL:http://Source-Zone.Org/Apache/regression/>):
      Justin says: "Worker should be fine and passes httpd-test here.
      I think it's a perl or a httpd-test problem."

      * Usage of APR_BRIGADE_NORMALIZE in core_input_filter should be
      removed if possible.
      Jeff wonders if we still care about this. It is no longer an
      API issue but simply an extra trip through the brigade.

      * The Add...Filter and Set...Filter directives do not allow the
      administrator to order filters, beyond the order of filename (mime)
      extensions. It isn't clear if Set...Filter(s) should be inserted
      before or after the Add...Filter(s) which are ordered by sequence of
      filename extensions. At minimum, some sort of +-[0-10] syntax seems
      like a nice solution. See ROADMAP.

      * Get perchild to work on platforms other than Linux. This
      will require a portable mechanism to pass data and file/socket
      descriptors between vhost child groups. An API was proposed
      on dev@apr:

      * Try to get libtool inter-library dependency code working on AIX.

      Justin says: If we get it working on AIX, we can enable this
      on all platforms and clean up our build system
      somewhat.
      Jeff says: I thought I tested a patch for you sometime in
      January that you were going to commit within a few
      days.

      * Handling of %2f in URIs. Currently both 1.3 and 2.0
      completely disallow %2f in the request URI path (see
      ap_unescape_url() in util.c). It's permitted and passed
      through in the query string, however. Roy says the
      original reason for disallowing it, from five years ago,
      was to protect CGI scripts that applied PATH_INFO to
      a filesystem location and which might be tricked by
      ..%2f..%2f(...). We *should* allow path-info of the
      form 'http://foo.com/index.cgi/path/to/path%2finfo'.
      Since we've revamped a lot of our processing of path
      segments, it would be nice to allow this, or at least
      allow it conditionally with a directive.

      OtherBill adds that %2f as the SECOND character of a multibyte
      sequence causes the request to fail! This happens notably in
      the ja-jis encoding.

      * FreeBSD, threads, and worker MPM. All seems to work fine
      if you only have one worker process with many threads. Add
      a second worker process and the accept lock seems to be
      lost. This might be an APR issue with how it deals with
      the child_init hook (i.e. the fcntl lock needs to be resynced).
      More examination and analysis is required.

      Aaron says: I spent some time disecting this and have come to
      the conclusion that it is not a problem in the worker MPM
      (or at least, it is not isolated to a problem in worker).
      I'll list some of the problems I'm seeing in case someone
      else wants to pick up where I've left off:
      - Delivery of just about any signal to one of the child
      processes will send it into an infinite loop as well.
      - Even though the parent is spinning out of control,
      at first the child or children will appear to work
      properly. At times it is possible to get it into a state,
      however, where a request will hang until another concurrent
      request "kicks" the first, at which point the second will
      hang. My theory is that this has to do with the
      pthread_cond_*() implementation in FreeBSD, but it's still
      possible that it is in APR.

      Justin adds: Oh, FreeBSD threads are implemented entirely with
      select()/poll()/longjmp(). Welcome to the nightmare.
      So, that means a ktrace output also has the thread
      scheduling internals in it (since it is all the same to
      the kernel). Which makes it hard to distinguish between
      our select() calls and their select() calls.
      *bangs head on wall repeatedly* But, some of the libc_r
      files have a DBG_MSG #define. This is moderately helpful
      when used with -DNO_DETACH. The kernel scheduler isn't
      waking up the threads on a select(). Yum. And, I bet
      those decrementing select calls have to do with the
      scheduler. Time to brush up on our OS fundamentals.

      * There is increasing demand from module writers for an API
      that will allow them to control the server � la apachectl.
      Reasons include sole-function servers that need to die if
      an external dependency (e.g., a database) fails, et cetera.
      Perhaps something in the (ever more abused) scoreboard?

      On the other hand, we already have a pipe that goes between parent
      and child for graceful shutdown events, along with an API that
      can be used to send a message down that pipe. In threaded MPMs,
      it is easy enough to make that one pipe be used for graceful
      and graceless events, and it is also easy to open that pipe
      to both parent and child for writing. Then we just need to
      figure out how to do graceless on non-threaded MPMs.

      * Allow the DocumentRoot directive within <Location > scopes? This
      allows the beloved (crusty) Alias /foo/ /somepath/foo/ followed
      by a <Directory /somepath/foo> to become simply
      <Location /foo/> DocumentRoot /somefile/foo (IMHO a bit more legible
      and in-your-face.) DocumentRoot unset would be accepted [and would
      not permit content to be served, only virtual resources such as
      server-info or server-status.
      This proposed change would _not_ depricate Alias.
      striker: See the thread starting with Message-ID:
      JLEGKKNELMHCJPNMOKHOGEEJFBAA.striker@....

      * Win32: Rotatelogs sometimes is not terminated when Apache
      goes down hard. FirstBill was looking at possibly tracking the
      child's-child processes in the parent process.
      stoddard: Shared scoreboard might offer a good way for the parent
      to keep track of 'other child' processes and whack them if the child
      goes down.
      Other thoughts on walking the process chain using the NT kernel
      have also been proposed on APR.

      * Eliminate unnecessary creation of pipes in mod_cgid

      * Combine log_child and piped_log_spawn. Clean up http_log.c.
      Common logging API.

      * Platforms that do not support fork (primarily Win32 and AS/400)
      Architect start-up code that avoids initializing all the modules
      in the parent process on platforms that do not support fork.

      * There are still a number of places in the code where we are
      losing error status (i.e. throwing away the error returned by a
      system call and replacing it with a generic error code)

      * Mass vhosting version of suEXEC.

      * All DBMs suffer from confusion in support/dbmmanage (perl script) since
      the dbmmanage employs the first-matched dbm format. This is not
      necessarily the library that Apache was built with. Aught to
      rewrite dbmmanage upon installation to bin/ with the proper library
      for predictable mod_auth_dbm administration.
      Questions; htdbm exists, time to kill dbmmanage, or does it remain
      useful as a perl dbm management example? If we keep it,
      do we address the issue above?

      * Integrate mod_dav.
      Some additional items remaining:
      - case_preserved_filename stuff
      (use the new canonical name stuff?)
      - find a new home for ap_text(_header)
      - is it possible to remove the DAV: namespace stuff from util_xml?

      * ap_core_translate() and its use by mod_mmap_static and mod_file_cache
      are a bit wonky. The function should probably be exposed as a utility
      function (such as ap_translate_url2fs() or ap_validate_fs_url() or
      something). Another approach would be a new hook phase after
      "translate" which would allow the module to munge what the
      translation has decided to do.

      * Explore use of a post-config hook for the code in http_main.c which
      calls ap_fixup_virutal_hosts(), ap_fini_vhost_config(), and
      ap_sort_hooks() [to reduce the logic in main()]

      * read the config tree just once, and process N times (as necessary)

      * (possibly) use UUIDs in mod_unique_id and/or mod_usertrack

      * (possibly) port the bug fix for PR 6942 (segv when LoadModule is put
      into a VirtualHost container) to 2.0.

      * shift stuff to mod_core.h

      * callers of ap_run_create_request() should check the return value
      for failure (Doug volunteers)

      * Win32: Get Apache working on Windows 95/98. The following work
      (at least) needs to be done:
      - Document warning that OSR2 is required (for Crypt functions, in
      rand.c, at least.) This could be resolved with an SSL library, or
      randomization in APR itself.
      - Bring the Win9xConHook.dll from 1.3 into 2.0 (no sense till it
      actually works) and add in a splash of Win9x service code.

      * Fix the worker MPM to use POD to kill child processes instead
      of ap_os_killpg, regardless of how they should die.

      * Scoreboard structures could be changed in the future such that
      proper alignment is not maintained, leading to segfaults on
      some systems. Cliff posted a patch to deal with this issue but
      later recanted. See this message to dev@...:

      * When sufficiently tested, the AllowEncodedSlashes/%2f patch
      needs to be backported to 2.0 and 1.3.

      TODO ISSUES REMAINING IN MOD_SSL:

      * In order to use a DSO version of mod_ssl we have to link with
      -lssl and -lcrypto. A workaround is in place right now where the
      entire EXTRA_LIBS macro is being appended to the objects list, but
      this is a hack. We should either revamp the APACHE_CHECK_SSL_TOOLKIT
      autoconf function or come up with some other autoconf checks to
      search for libssl and libcrypto and properly add them to mod_ssl's
      link flags.

      * SSL renegotiations in combination with POST request

      * Port or dispose all code inside #if 0...#endif blocks that remain
      from the porting effort.

      * Do we need SSL_set_read_ahead()?

      * the ssl_expr api is NOT THREAD SAFE. race conditions exist:
      -in ssl_expr_comp() if SSLRequire is used in .htaccess
      (ssl_expr_info is global)
      -is ssl_expr_eval() if there is an error
      (ssl_expr_error is global)

      * SSLRequire directive (parsing of) leaks memory

      * Diffie-Hellman-Parameters for temporary keys are hardcoded in
      ssl_engine_dh.c, while the comment in ssl_engine_kernel.c says:
      "it is suggested that keys be changed daily or every 500
      transactions, and more often if possible."

      * ssl_var_lookup could be rewritten to be MUCH faster

      * CRL callback should be pluggable

      * session cache store should be pluggable

      * init functions should return status code rather than ssl_die()

      * ssl_engine_pphrase.c needs to be reworked so it is generic enough
      to also decrypt proxy keys

      * the shmcb code should just align its memory segment rather than
      jumping through all the "safe" memcpy and memset hoops

      WISH LIST
      * mod_proxy performance: when mod_proxy is configured to do proxy
      gateway (aka reverse proxy), it would be nice to be able to reuse
      connections to the backend servers. Now, connections to the
      backend servers are taken down when the corresponding frontend
      connection is taken down.

      * mod_proxy: Ability to run SSL over proxy gateway connections,
      encrypting (or reencrypting) at the proxy.

      * mod_proxy: Add capability of mod_proxy to load balance across
      a farm of backend servers.

      * mod_cache: Handle ESI tags.

      EXPERIMENTAL MODULES:

      Experimental modules should eventually be be promoted to fully supported
      status or removed from the repository entirely (ie, the
      'experiment' failed). This section tracks what needs to happen to
      get the modules promoted to fully supported status.

      mod_cache/mod_mem_cache/mod_disk_cache:
      * mod_cache: handle cache_control: no_cache "field_name" to enable
      cacheing the response w/o header "field_name"
      See RFC2616 section 14.9.1

      * mod_mem_cache: Consider adding a RevalidateTimeout directive to
      specify time at which local cached content is to be revalidated
      (ie, underlying file stat'ed to see if it has changed).

      * mod_cache: CacheEnable/CacheDisable should accept regular expressions.

      * mod_cache: Fix dependency on ATOMIC operators. Need
      APR_HAS_ATOMIC_* feature macros.

      * mod_disk_cache: Implement garbage collection

      * mod_mem_cache/mod_disk_cache: Need to be able to query cache
      status (num of entries, cache object properties, etc.).
      mod_status could be extended to query optional hooks defined
      by modules for the purpose of reporting module status.
      mod_cache (et. al.) could define optional hooks that are called
      to collect status. Status should be queryable by
      HTTP or SNMP?

      * Enable mod_cache/mod_mem_cache/mod_disk_cache to handle
      multiviews

      * mod_mem_cache/mod_disk_cache: Complete implementing config
      directives (mod_disk_cache: CacheExpiryCheck and GC directives
      including CacheGc*, CacheSize, and, CacheTimeMargin)
      (mod_mem_cache: MCacheMaxObjectCount) and
      (mod_cache: CacheForceCompletion).

      mod_auth_ldap/util_ldap:
      * General stabilization and testing

      PRs that have been suspended forever waiting for someone to
      put them into 'the next release':

      * documentation and Q&A

      PR#2221: Make online documentation search link back to my installation
      PR#2906: Propose that Apache recommend $UNIQUE_ID for all "session id"
      algorithms
      PR#2793: When will Apache support P3P? Any Plans?
      * build

      PR#2113: HTTP Server Rebuild Line Needs Changing for the better
      PR#2421: problem specifying ndbm library for build ?with autoconfigure
      * config

      PR#76: missing call to "setlocale();"
      PR#628: Request of "Options SymLinksIfGroupMatch"
      PR#793: RLimitCPU and RLimitMEM don't apply to all children like they should
      PR#922: it is useful to allow specifiction that root-owned symlinks
      should always be followed
      PR#1028: DoS attacks involving memory consumption
      PR#1191: setlogin() is not called, causing problems with e.g. identd
      PR#1204: regerror() exists, use it
      PR#2284: Can not POST to ErrorDocument - Apache/1.3b6
      PR#2396: Proposal for TimeZone directive
      PR#2446: AllowOverride FileInfo is too coarse
      PR#2760: [PATCH] User/Group for <Directory> and <Location> i.e. not only
      in global and <Virtual>.
      PR#2907: suggestion: power up your Include directive :)
      PR#3018: cannot limit some HTTP methods
      PR#3677: New ErrorDocumentMatch directive
      PR#4244: "Files" and "FilesMatch" regexp does not recognize bang as
      negation operator
      PR#5993: AllowOverride should have a 'CheckNone' and 'AllowNone' argument
      instead of only 'None'
      * mod_access

      PR#537: mod_access syntax allows hosts that should be restricted
      PR#1287: add allow,deny/deny,allow warning to mod_access
      PR#2512: <IfDenied> directive wanted
      * mod_auth-any

      PR#557: ~UserHome directories are not honored in absolute pathname
      requests (.htaccess)
      PR#1117: Using NIS passwd.byname dbm files with AuthDBMUserFile
      PR#1809: Suggestion for improving authentication modules and core source
      code, problem with 401 and ErrorDocument
      * mod_autoindex

      PR#1263: Add frame-safe anchor attribute to mod_autoindex links
      * mod_cgi (and suexec)

      PR#921: suexec Uses cwd before filling it in, doesn't use syslog
      PR#1176: Apache cannot handle continuation line in headers
      PR#1120: suexec does not parse arguments to #exec cmd
      PR#1268: CGI scripts running as Apache user: security (suexec etc.)
      PR#1285: Error messages could be easier to spot in cgi.log file for suexec.c
      PR#1905: suexec - Allow modules to set user:group for execution.
      PR#2360: suexec for general access of user content?
      PR#2460: TimeOut applies to output of CGI scripts
      PR#2573: CGI's for general use still have to be run as another user
      with suExec
      PR#4241: Need to be able to override shebang line to make CGI scripts
      more portable.
      PR#4490: mod_cgi prevents handling of OPTIONS requests
      * mod_env

      PR#370: Modified PATH environemnt variable is not passed, instead
      system's is used
      * mod_headers

      PR#1383: I make mod_headers to modify request headers as well as
      response ones.
      PR#1677: mod_headers should allow mod_log_config-style formats in
      header values
      * mod_imap

      PR#759: imap should read <MAP><AREA>*</MAP> too!
      * mod_include

      PR#78: Additional status for XBitHack directive
      PR#623: A smarter "Last Modified" value for SSI documents (see PR number 600)
      PR#1145: mod_include
      Allow for Last-Modified: without resorting to XBitHack
      PR#1803: patches to mod_include to allow for file tests
      PR#4459: Suggestion for better handling of Last-modified headers
      * mod_info

      PR#2415: /server-info doesn't check for the virtual host to list the info
      * mod_log-any

      PR#1050: Logging of virtual server to error_log as well
      PR#1358: Selective url-encode of log fields (or maybe a pseudo
      log_rewrite module?)
      PR#2073: pipelined connections are not logged correctly
      PR#4448: Please allow CGI env variables (QUERY_STRING, ...) to be logged
      with %{}e
      * mod_negotiation

      PR#3191: no way to set global quality-of-source (qs) coneg values
      with multiviews
      * mod_proxy

      PR#362: Mod_proxy doesn't allow change of error pages
      PR#440: Proxy doesn't deliver documents if not connected
      PR#534: proxy converts ~name to %7Ename when name starts with a dot (.)
      PR#612: Proxy FTP Authentication Fails
      PR#700: Proxy doesn't do links right for OpenVMS files through ftp:
      PR#980: Controlling Access to Remote Proxies would be nice...
      PR#994: Adding authentication "on the fly" through the proxy module
      PR#1085: ProxyRemote make a dead cycle.
      PR#1166: ``nph-'' not honored (no buffering) for ProxyRemote mapping
      PR#1290: Need to know "hit-rate" on proxy cache
      PR#1532: Proxy transfer logging
      PR#1547: No HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR set...
      PR#1567: ProxyRemote proxy requests fail authentication by firewall
      PR#1702: mod_proxy to support persistent conns?
      PR#1878: listing of proxy cache content
      PR#2314: patterns in ProxyRemote
      PR#2648: Cache file names in Proxy module
      PR#3568: Accessing URL through proxy server corrupts data.
      PR#3605: Some anonymous FTP URLs ask for authentication
      * mod_rewrite

      PR#1582: mod_rewrite forms REQUEST_URI different than mod_cgi does
      PR#2074: mod_rewrite doesn't pass Proxy Throughput on internal subrequests
      * mod_status

      PR#2138: mod_status always displays 256 possible connection slots
      PR#2343: Status module averages are for entire uptime
      * apache-api

      PR#1004: request_config field in request_rec is moderately bogus
      PR#1158: improvements to child spawning API
      PR#1233: there is no way to keep per-connection per-module state
      PR#2024: adding auth_why to conn_rec
      PR#2873: Feedback/Comment on APACI
      PR#3143: No module specific data hook for per-connection data
      * generally odds and ends

      PR#2431: A small addition to rotatelogs.c to improve program functionality.
      PR#2763: mailto tags and bundling bug report script
      PR#2785: os-aix Support for System Resource Controller
      PR#2889: Inclusion of RPM spec file in CVS/distributions
      PR#5713: os-windows [PATCH] install as win32 service with domain account
      user when -k install/-k config with a user argument.

      Other bugs that need fixing:

      * ap_discard_request should be converted to use the bucket API
      directly rather than waste cycles copying buffers with the old API.

      * MaxRequestsPerChild measures connections, not requests.
      Until someone has a better way, we'll probably just rename it
      "MaxConnectionsPerChild".

      * Regex containers don't work in an intutive way
      behavior. Dean has suggested getting rid of regex containers
      completely.
      OtherBill suggests: We at least seem to agree on eliminating
      the <Container ~ foo> forms, and using only
      <ContainerMatch foo> semantics.

      * SIGSEGV on Linux (glibc 2.1.2) isn't caught properly by a
      sigwaiting thread. We need to work around this, perhaps unless
      there is hope soon for a fixed glibc.

      * orig_ct in the byterange/multipart handling may not be
      needed. Apache 1.3 just never stashed "multipart" into
      r->content_type. We should probably follow suit since the
      byterange stuff doesn't want the rest of the code to see the
      multipart content-type; the other code should still think it is
      dealing with the <orig_ct> stuff.
      likely the one to break it :-)

      Binaries (probably not till beta):

      Platform Avail. Volunteer
      AIX 4.3.3 no Bill Stoddard
      Mandrake 8.1 no open
      FreeBSD 4.1 no open
      hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00 no Cliff Woolley
      i386-pc-solaris2.8 no Aaron Bannert
      i386-unknown-freebsd4.5 no
      i386-unknown-freebsd4.6 no Cliff Woolley
      i686-pc-linux-gnu-slackware81 no Cliff Woolley
      i686-pc-linux-gnu-rh70 no Aaron Bannert
      i686-pc-linux-gnu-rh73 no Cliff Woolley
      ia64-hp-hpux11.20 no
      powerpc-apple-darwin5.5 no Aaron Bannert
      powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu no Graham Leggett
      s390-ibm-linux no Greg Ames
      sparc-sun-solaris2.8 no Jim Jagielski
      NetWare no Brad Nicholes
      OS/2 no Brian Havard