Narrow Gauge

  • pineconelumberng@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2011
      Think your going to have to take off the Nevada County and just call your place California Narrow Gauge Museum.
      I was wondering when tank 2 was going to be given another life. My favorite WS car.
      Back in 1988 I attended the Westside reunion in Tuolumne and we spent and afternoon at Glen Tyras.
      Caboose #4 and tank #2 where there along with tank #4, skeleton cars, I believe HD flat #1 and many others.
      I took several detail shots of all these cars for modeling purposes.
      Will locate and get them to you.
      Where is tank #4? Last I saw it it was set up as a track weed sprayer at Tyras.

      Got some wood work on your hands there.
      Dennis
    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2011
        Hey Dennis - Tank car #4 is also at Bev Cola's but I don't have room for any more cars. I bought five of them - flats 276 & 300 which were totally dry rotted and collapsed, tank 2, caboose 4 and the 8 ton switcher. We dismantled the two flats and my plan is to rebuild 300 into a logging flat with bunks and chains. I picked up these parts from the 38 foot skel cars that are dismantled.
        The HD flat is collapsing due to all the weight on it. It will be unloaded in the near future and we will move it on a newly built spur track along with tank 4. I'm looking for someone who will restore the tank car rather than scrap it for parts. The wslc flats are easy rebuilds and most of the wslc cars were built on these frames. The HD flat will have to be dismantled for parts and stored if possible since it is to far gone. I am trying to help Bev Cola dispose of the remaining equipment for a fair price as well as preserve as much as I can. Open to any suggestions. John

        --- In nevadacountynarrowgaugerailroadcompany@yahoogroups.com, "pineconelumberng@..." <pineconelumberng@...> wrote:

        > Think your going to have to take off the Nevada County and just call your place California Narrow Gauge Museum.
        > I was wondering when tank 2 was going to be given another life. My favorite WS car.
        > Back in 1988 I attended the Westside reunion in Tuolumne and we spent and afternoon at Glen Tyras.
        > Caboose #4 and tank #2 where there along with tank #4, skeleton cars, I believe HD flat #1 and many others.
        > I took several detail shots of all these cars for modeling purposes.
        > Will locate and get them to you.
        > Where is tank #4? Last I saw it it was set up as a track weed sprayer at Tyras.
        >
        > Got some wood work on your hands there.
        > Dennis

      • Dennis Burke
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
          Got your hands full. Love to restore tank but I may have an SPNG Box up here soon. Did you already try Randy Hees? Heard you sent info down to Owens Valley. Spoke with Mull, he is asking around.
          I do need a brake wheel for our SPNG Perlite Box Car #73, a Westside wheel would work if you had one.. They would be a pain to cast.
          SP flat coming along nicely. Great job.
          Dennis

          Hey Dennis - Tank car #4 is also at Bev Cola's but I don't have room for any more cars. I bought five of them - flats 276 & 300 which were totally dry rotted and collapsed, tank 2, caboose 4 and the 8 ton switcher. We dismantled the two flats and my plan is to rebuild 300 into a logging flat with bunks and chains. I picked up these parts from the 38 foot skel cars that are dismantled.
          The HD flat is collapsing due to all the weight on it. It will be unloaded in the near future and we will move it on a newly built spur track along with tank 4. I'm looking for someone who will restore the tank car rather than scrap it for parts. The wslc flats are easy rebuilds and most of the wslc cars were built on these frames. The HD flat will have to be dismantled for parts and stored if possible since it is to far gone. I am trying to help Bev Cola dispose of the remaining equipment for a fair price as well as preserve as much as I can. Open to any suggestions. John

          --- In nevadacountynarrowgaugerailroadcompany@yahoogroups.com, "pineconelumberng@..." <pineconelumberng@...> wrote:

          > Think your going to have to take off the Nevada County and just call your place California Narrow Gauge Museum.
          > I was wondering when tank 2 was going to be given another life. My favorite WS car.
          > Back in 1988 I attended the Westside reunion in Tuolumne and we spent and afternoon at Glen Tyras.
          > Caboose #4 and tank #2 where there along with tank #4, skeleton cars, I believe HD flat #1 and many others.
          > I took several detail shots of all these cars for modeling purposes.
          > Will locate and get them to you.
          > Where is tank #4? Last I saw it it was set up as a track weed sprayer at Tyras.
          >
          > Got some wood work on your hands there.
          > Dennis

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2011
            Dennis - Unfortunately the brake wheels and staffs have been liberated from the flats by the time I got there. Only caboose 4 still has a wheel on it. I will contact Randy once I hear from Dave Mull and find out if he needs anything. Randy has plenty of parts but may be interested in the tank car. He also may have a brake wheel. I'm not sure if their new catalog is out yet or if they have a pattern for that.
            Thanks on the SP flat. The new stake pockets are being casted beginning this week. Tell Dave that our pattern maker is working on the truss rod bearing pattern for the SP 130 and then he will begin the SP journal box pattern. John

            --- In nevadacountynarrowgaugerailroadcompany@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Burke <pineconelumberng@...> wrote:

            > Got your hands full. Love to restore tank but I may have an SPNG Box up here soon. Did you already try Randy Hees? Heard you sent info down to Owens Valley. Spoke with Mull, he is asking around.
            > I do need a brake wheel for our SPNG Perlite Box Car #73, a Westside wheel would work if you had one.. They would be a pain to cast.
            > SP flat coming along nicely. Great job.
            > Dennis

          • edsshay
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 17 2:24 PM
              Hi Dennis.

              i wonder if it would be possible to get any copies of those photos you took at Glen Tyra's .Maybe i could trade you some Wslc photos .
              Thanks. Ede
              edsshay@...