NCNG Tank Car #187

  • loosecaboose1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2014

      Tank car 187 has been successfully reframed up. We are now preparing to start hanging the break beams as well as the rebuilt Westinghouse airbrake system. This should be concluded by the end of July and then the new tank cradles will applied followed by the reapplication of the tank itself. We hope to have this project wrapped up by late August or early September.  John Christensen

    • loosecaboose1
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2014

        The tank car is completed and will be rolled out of the shop building this Saturday. The dedication plaque honoring the museums friend, the late Clarence "Smokey" Smith, will be placed back on the car. Smokey was a great supporter of the museum and was the owner of Black Bart's Welding in Nevada City.