SP Narrow Gauge Annual Conference, June 21-24, 2012

  • pineconelumberng@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      For the first time the Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society will be leaving the high deserts of California and Nevada behind to conduct there 4 day annual conference on the other side of the Sierras.
      "S.P. Narrow Gauge-West of the Sierras" will be based out of Ardenwood Historic Park in Fremont, Ca.
      Clinics and hands on activities will include the following railroads and related:
      South Pacific Coast
      Santa Cruz and Felton
      Monterey and Salinas
      Santa Cruz Lumber
      San Joaquin and Sierra Nevada
      Oregonian Railway
      North Pacific Coast
      Carter Brothers Car Builders
      Modeling the SPNG and more.

      Other activities include hands on equipment at Ardenwood, restoration fund raiser BBQ, round table share your relics and photos, and membership meeting.

      Also included are 2 specially priced trains rides:
      Roaring Camp and Big Trees NGRR steam with shop tour.

      Niles Canyon Railway with our own scheduled train as well as a shop and yard tour. Yosemite Valley Observation car 330 will be part of the consist. Currently the locomotive that is scheduled is to be diesel but this may change.

      We will also visit Jim Vail's Glenwood and Black Creek Hon3 Model Railroad.

      Speakers to date:
      Brian Norden
      Charlie Siebenthal
      Randy Hees
      Dennis Burke
      Herman Darr
      Kyall Wyatt
      Paul Diegas
      more,

      We have reserved several rooms at the Courtyard Marriott in Newark. Must make reservations by May 21st to receive the discount.

      Check out our website at spnghs.org for more details and registration form or e-mail spngoffice@... or phone 707-262-1824

      Thank you