Re: West Side Lumber Company long caboose #4

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2012
      Thanks Hart. We will be starting the new underbody framing for caboose #1 next month. The long sills are shot on both ends. We are beginning with the cleaning and servicing of the trucks. The new body bolsters are already cut and will be mounted on the trucks when they are ready. Four new long sills will be applied onto the bolsters and new end sills applies along with the original underbody hardware. We don't plan to transfer the caboose body to the new frame until late this year when we put the tank back on the rebuilt NCNG tank car.
      The caboose will be restored back to around 1940 when the Swayne coupola was still on it. John